Jericho

Test Encounter one turn 1

test

Inititave time:
Goon one (3 + 1d10) 5
Goon two (4 + 1d10) 6
Goon three (6 + 1d10) 16

Ok, fixed

Comments

steven 4 successes

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

wait, isnt initiative dex+wits plus D10? or did it change? (to be honest, I rolled alertness + perception) Either way, I win (17 initiative…HA HA!!!)

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

I rolled a 7. Added to my dex + wits my total is 13.

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

d10 + 6 = 13 for me

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

i got a 5 plus my score of 5 so i’m going at 10

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

Initiative 7

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

We should include what the Characters plans are when we role inititave, to speed things up if nothing else.
So the order would be this:
Steven (17)
Goon 3 (16)
Tuesday (13) and Kallista tied
Miach (10)
Goon two (6)
Goon one (5)

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

I’m going to attempt to make goon 3 tired and worn out from the restraining of the little girl (casts exhaustion)

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

Kneecap goon if my unsettling smile doesn’t coax him to let her go.

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

scan each one for concealed weapons, while sitting cross-legged at the beginning of the alley-way.

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

(Next time you guys write up your own effects)
Miach lifts his hand, plam up, and gently blows on it. If the light was good, every one would see a cloud of dust head toward goon 3, but in the dark….

Goon 3 staggers and goes down on one knee. The desired effect was not quite as successful as he wanted it, but its close enough. The Girl Guide strugges out of goon 3’s grip and runs for it.

  • * *

Tuesday’s action is successful as goon3 can hardly stand

  • * *

Steven looks around and sizes up the goons. The darness doesn’t help but she does see a suspicious buldge in Goon 2’s belt. Goon 3 also has a buldge in the back of his blet, which is now visible as he tries to collect himself.

  • * *
Test Encounter one turn 1
 

Straight up punch to the face for the goon on one knee!

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

I level my weapon at goon one while remarking to myself “Who brings a knife to a gunfight anyways?”

I assume I should probably wait to see what the goons do before I can take another turn?

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

Re Adalric
The blow lacks style but with a satisfying thump, Goon 3 is pitch backward in a pile of trash. As Adalric winces as he pulls his hand back. That guy is more solid then he looked.

Waiting on Kallista’s actions before I write up what Goon 1 and 2 do.

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

Skip me, sorry, I don’t know what I’m doing and I don’t know what I can do

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

Kallista shifts as wind begins to wisper to her. Wind had little to say about Goon 1 & 2, but it didn’t think much of Goon 3.
“Abomination” wispered wind. “Corrupted by unnatural things.” Kallista didn’t know what that ment, but that discription did not bode well.

“Keep an eye on the first one.” Kallista warned alloud.


Goon 1 laugh aloud and lunges with no fear. Tuesday has seen this before. Knew an addict when she saw it. The slution was obvious. There was a flash and a “click” as the 9mm’s slide worked. This was not Hollywood and thus it lacked the “turp” like noise every one expects.

The round punched threw the goons left knee. The one with is wight still on it. There was an cracking sound as the leg bent in the wrong direction because of the man’s exess weight. Goon 1 collapsis to the ground still laughing.
“hey, look at myyy ll llegg” he stammers.

(Mike, you wouldn’t belive the number of success I just rolled…sheshhh)

Goon 2, not paying any mind to his commrads pounds the his clossest advisary. Namily Adalric.
Adalric staggers back, his nose bloody (3pts of bashing damage).

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

“A telling blow, but you shall yield!” (Adalric strikes back at Goon 2 with his knife)

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

Steven scans the thugs with Matter, looking for the tell-tale material makeup of weapons (weaponry being made from different materials) She wants to know exactly what they got.

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

I’ll cover the downed goons, plugging them if they decide to reach for a concealed weapon while I trust in Adalric’s knife fighting skills to take down an unarmed thug.

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

Before New round, new Initative. Unless we decide on changing things up.

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

13 init.

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

Kallista initiative 15, she will target goon 3, who hasn’t appeared to act yet.

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

init 14
Miach is going to heal up adalric using the heal another rote, but is going to do it as healing over time so it is less noticable (1 this round then in intervals of 5 rounds for whatever the remainder is)

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

Turn two:

Goon one (3 + 1d10-4) 6
Goon two (4 + 1d10) 13
Goon three (6 + 1d10-2) 14

(Goon three lost his action when Miach “zapped” him. I just had the effect 4pts of bashing damage. More then Goon three’s Stamina. Goon 1 is Damaged from the gunshot wound.)

Kallista (15)
Goon three (14) / Miach (14)
Goon two (13) / Steven (13)
Tuesday (8)
Adalric (7)
Goon one (6)

Kallista has many options as Goon one stagers to his feet.

Sorry for the delay every one.

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

“Hmm, let’s see if this’ll work!” Kallista plucks a black lighter from her pocket. The zippo looks so worn that parts of it’s black coating is scratched off revealing the silver finish underneith. Kallista closes her eyes and begins to whisper sweet-nothings to the zippo. With a pause she flicks her thumb causing a tiny orange flame to pop into life.

She tosses the zippo at the feet of the third goon (dex + athletics for accuracy, 9 & 5). “Fire, ignite!”

(Arete roll, 9-2-7) Kallista bites her lip while she waits to see if Fire is content enough with her offering—a nice fatty human with nice combustable clothing!

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

So I made an error, Goon Three is staggerng to his feet. Goon One is just kinda looking TRYING to get up but is failing as his leg no longer functions

Kallista is calling a spirit or using forces? If she’s calling on her friend the Fire Elemental, I’d think I would be more of a request or invitation.

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

What are you talking about???

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

Still attacking with the knife. Adalric…

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

Still doing what I stated 22 days ago…

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

Steven places her goggles over her eyes, presses a button on the side which causes the lens to darken. “Ooooooooooooohhh, neat” she mutters as all the materials in her immediate vicinity are now known to her (10, 9, 3) Any hidden weapons?
Steven, seeing Kallistas action, waits with baited breath to see what the spirit of fire looks like. Uni also looks excited as he sits up.

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

Miach glances over at Aldric and noticing him pain, quickly reaches into his bag for a poultice and slaps it on the wound(if it’s a face wound i slap it on the chest and it’ll be taken via breathing) the stuff smells bad, and may be made from urine, but it does the trick.
8,7,2 for arete roll to heal aldric, so he get’s back this round and 1 more every 5 rouinds for the next 15 rounds.

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

Working on Kallista’s effect with G via Private Message so I’ll run a little of of sequence here.

Re Miach, nice effect.
As discribed, its smelly but works. Aldric begins to feel better. Goon 2 attemps to punch Aldric again but is repulsed by the smell of the poultice (I guess, he missed his attack badly).

Goon 3 finally stands, “Time to get serius.” He pulls his shirt over his head and pulls a small hand gun from the back of belt. Disrobing in a fight is odd, but things get more surreal when every one notices that Goon Three has a large jagged toothed maw in place of his stomach.

Steven’s effect quickly notices that Goon two is armed with a small revolver in his belt.

Tuesday has her target of choice. Which one?

Adalric seems to be affected by the poultice as well, as his slash is well wide of his target.

Goon one giggles and holds his leg together.

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

Yeah…the guy with the maw for a stomach has my full attention. I’ll be aiming for the head if possible.

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

“I hear…” the little flame speaks.

Kallista is the only one not surprised with what happens next. Tuesday level’s her weapon and fires. Then her target busts into flame. A scream of agoney echoes into the night. The ally walls bouncing the sound back and forth. Not just from the man, but the creature that inhabit’s him as it is torn assunder. Every one stops to stare at the buring form.
For a moment, it looks like a flaming tallon pulls back slahses into the man’s
chest. But that has to be an trick of the light, flick of the flames….right?

Kallista clamps her hands to her ears. The event sounds horrible on this side of the Gauntlet, but sound much worse the other side. The…what ever that resided in the man… was released on his death, only to fall in the waiting furry of a very upset fire elemental.

A blackened skeleton, its bones fused in place, falls forward onto the scorched pavement.

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

So after this the last goon would try to run for it. It would be up to the party to let him go or put him down. Then the clean up begins. Goon with the blasted leg and the fried goon.
But this shows that it is posible to run a battle but its a little clunky.
I will try to keep the battles quick and small. Maybe doing stuff with people here in the Peg and any other fights with people via skype.

Thoughts???

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

It also requires people to pay attention to this thing and not let it sit for days between your responses. That’s going to be really hard to do :S Turn-based is going to be very slow.

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

can also try planning out general actions and prioities (i’m going to reference the dragon age AI for this one) for the combat and doing it more cinimaticish.

Example:
1. Using a Bashing Life effect on enemy target if mundane enemy (mortal)
2. Using a Lethal Life effect on Supernatural Target
3. Heal Allies
4. Rend enemy pattern with Life if battle goes to crap
5. Flee

These are listed from the first choice of action to the last choice and could modify actions based on the description if need be. We can also put a time limit to get actions in for a round say like 48 hours and if nothing then you hit the deck and try not to get hit.

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

I like the time limit. Good idea

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

Admitedly the time thing was my falt, but I have been trying to speed things up. And I like Kris’s idea.

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

Agreed with the time limit.

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

I am in for the time limit. Stevens action priorities will be;
1. Look cute
2. Become aware that a problem exists
3. Wait one round
4. If problem persists, begin making high pitched sound
5. Continue making high pitched noise until problem is solved

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

Time limit is a great idea.

Tuesday’s actions:
1) Come in peace
2) Shoot to kill
Not necessarily in that order.

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

So a time limit looks like its been agreed upon. How long? 48h unless the person will be “away” for a given time (exams, extended work, family stuff, etc)?

And where to start. I was going to write up a intro meating (I’ll send it to some one to proofread) but not fixated on the idea. I was going to borrow on the style from some of the stories from the Mage books.

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

sounds good to me

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

I volunteer to proofread for you

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

Don’t know if every one got the last message so I’ll repost it here: Alexis (Ma’at Asherah) and humanist1 (Tuptin Xao) are out. You guys might want to redistribute any duties and, if the Party is lacking in some area, ask for NPC coverage.

Test Encounter one turn 1
 

we’ll have to see how things pan out and see if we end up laking a vital role

Test Encounter one turn 1
Nicobolis

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.